Well, I am officially addicted to these!! These Buffalo Chicken Bites were so good. Just writing about them is making me hungry!! Such a simple recipe and takes only a few minutes to put together. What takes the longest is cooking the chicken, shredding it, and then waiting for the bites to cook! I made these for my best friends birthday party this past weekend, and then again at work. And they were a hit at both places!! In a matter of minutes they were gone.
Here is what you will need:
- 3 cups of shredded chicken
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3-1/4 cup of buffalo sauce
- Depending on how spicy you would like them
- 1 bunch of finely chopped scallions
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to season the chicken and breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl add all of your ingredients, EXCEPT for the breadcrumbs.
- You may add a small of amount of breadcrumbs to the mixture
- I feel that this helped the bites stay in their round shape, but you do not need to use an entire cup of them to do this!
This is where things get a little messy:
- In a separate bowl add your breadcrumbs.
- Take your buffalo chicken mixture and roll into a ball. Then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a sprayed cookie sheet
- Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until tops are a crispy golden brown
Enjoy!!! I wish I had a plate of these next to me right now. Feel free to pair celery, bleu cheese or ranch with these!!! I promise you they will go quickly!! With March Madness going on, these would be perfect to bring to a gathering with friends or family. Give these a try and leave your feedback below 🙂