Alright, so these Taco Wonton Bites are AMAZING!!! I made them this past weekend for football Sunday at a family friends house. And let me tell you, they were a huge hit!!! They are also super easy to make and it allows your friends, family, or guests to choose what they want to put on them. My brother helped me put everything together and it was actually really fun. This is totally something you can do with your kids too!
Here is what you will need:
- Mini muffin pans
- (You can use regular muffin pans, but they will no longer be considered “bites,” if you are planning on making them for a get-together, they aren’t the easy finger food everyone looks for. Also, you will need extra wontons).
- 1 package of wontons (with the mini pans I made 43 Taco Wonton Bites)
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef (I used 90% lean)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Additional toppings of your choice: guacamole, sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet and drain the grease
- I divided the beef and the ingredients above in half, some people like beans and some people don’t. Always looking to accommodate 🙂
- Once you drain the grease, add the water, taco seasoning, and black beans
- Mix together and let it simmer until all of the ingredients are well blended and the water is absorbed.
- Spray the muffin cups with cooking spray
- Place one wonton wrapper in each cup
- Spoon the taco meat into each wonton
- Don’t overflow!
- Add some cheese so it can melt over the taco meat if desired!
- Place in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the wrappers turn a golden brown
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!!!
Prepare for these to be eaten extremely fast! They are absolutely delicious and super easy to make and only took about 25 minutes total to prepare and bake. Such an easy recipe to make for a get-together or perfect for SUPER BOWL Sunday!!