I have been craving something sweet lately.. So how could I go wrong with making these Reese’s No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars? I couldn’t 🙂 I mean chocolate and peanut butter, that’s a little slice of heaven in a dish. These were really easy to make and it only took about 30 minutes to mix it all together. Your muscles will definitely grow when mixing the peanut butter layer of this recipe. But, it is worth it!
Here is what you will need:
Peanut Butter Layer:
- 1 cup of peanut butter (smooth/creamy)
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups of finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- (Tip: Crush the graham crackers in the package, unopened. This will be easier to crush the graham crackers and definitely creates less of a mess. I used about 1/2 packages of graham crackers.
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (smooth/creamy)
- Peanut Butter Cups or any candy of your choice!
- Tip: keep cold until you are ready to make this desert, the candy breaks apart if too soft when cut
- Tip: Remove wrappers and cut into fourths
- To make the peanut butter layer, take the peanut butter and butter and melt them using low heat in a pan. Once the mixture is smooth, remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vanilla extract, the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and the butter and peanut butter mixture together.
- Stir these ingredients until they are well combined.
- Spread into a 9×9 or 9×13 pan.
- To make the chocolate layer, place the chocolate chips and the peanut butter into a microwave save bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave for 20 second intervals until completely smooth.
- Pour and spread over the peanut butter layer.
- Sprinkle peanut butter cups or candy of your choice on top.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow the desert set before serving.
And there you have it! You could also bring this to a get together as well. For example, if you are getting together with family and friends to watch football this weekend, this is the perfect desert to bring! Try out this recipe and leave your feedback below!