With this Wednesday being Spencer’s 24th birthday! I decided to make him something special to start his birthday week, a pork tenderloin wrapped in prosciutto. I was watching the Today Show last week and they had the Barefoot Contessa prepare this meal. It was pretty easy to make too!
What You Need:
- Pork Loin (I made 2, so this recipe is for 2 pork loins)
- 1 tablespoon of minced rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon of chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (1 for each pork loin)
- 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 10-12 slices of prosciutto
- Note: you can also make an apple chutney to accompany the pork loin, I also made this. But Spencer and I were NOT big fans. You can find the recipe here.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
- Place your pork tenderloins on a sheet pan and pat dry with a paper towel
- Rub pork tenderloins with olive oil
- Combine salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme together and cover over all sides of the tenderloin
- Next take your prosciutto and wrap around your pork loin on an angle
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Once done, remove from oven and place aluminum foil loosely over the pork.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes and you are done!
We had some veggies and red bliss mashed potatoes to accompany the pork! Now, Spencer has a new favorite meal and I am so happy that I was able to make him something different and that it came out really good! Especially for his birthday! 🙂 I am really happy that I experimented and tried something new!
Try this out and let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions! Have a great week everyone, happy November!